Thursday 4 March 2010

100th Post: A Gripping Blog?













"A Gripping Blog" by Laurence Brown.









An important milestone perhaps. Certainly one I did not expect to reach when I started out over two years ago. It has been an interesting experience. My thanks to Napoleon's representative on earth, who I gather is now somewhere in the South Atlantic on the R.M.S. St Helena. Without him I would never have started blogging. Whether that is a good or a bad thing is another matter entirely.

Anyway, in a kind of celebration I thought I would do something totally different - invite my grandsons to contribute a suitable picture. I have also added a picture from fellow blogger Miss Elisabeth (the Emperor and I).

The one below by James Brown depicts, with characteristic detail, Napoleon between a French and a British soldier. The one on the right (British I am told because of his red waistcoat) looks pleased with himself, and the sun is shining on him.



My other two grandsons, Angus and Edward, who live in Devon have not yet completed theirs, but the youngest Edward did tell me that his was going to be about Nelson! James and Laurence have more time on their hands: like the children at Longwood in Napoleon's time they are enjoying the benefits of home education and autonomous learning - but without a famous man to sit and talk with them and spoil them with expensive gifts.

Finally then, the pièce de résistance, Napoleon frightened of a cat, by the multi-talented Miss Elisabeth, who the last I heard was somewhere in the south of England.



"Scary Kittens" by Miss Elisabeth

4 comments:

MissElisabeth said...

Oh dear, seeing my silly drawing on your blog made me blush, haha!
Thank you though.

alas, I have returned from south England safely. If I see one more cup of tea I am going to cry.
Just kidding.

John Tyrrell said...

Too much tea? These days England is full of coffeee shops - at least the bits that I know!

Good to have you back anyway.

John

Anonymous said...

Miss Elisabeth's pictureeeeee!!!!! I love it:D And congrats on your 100th post!

John Tyrrell said...

Thanks Alexis for your comments. I look forward to reading some more of your blog - but I know you must be busy.